I have a gripe about my pregnancy countdown graphic. I guess it's cute, but it's a little creepy the way the baby itself floats around absolutely motionless. I have to tell myself the baby is sleeping to avoid getting the heebie jeebies when I look at it. If I find a better one I may change it. Maybe it's too much to ask, technologically, to have the baby moving its arms and legs... but in real life I like to think about my baby kicking away in there. I haven't felt anything yet, though I sometimes try to sit quietly and see if I can detect movement. Nothing yet.
I'm happy with my energy level lately, especially as I've managed to do a TON of work this week and should be getting paid rather lavishly in the next few days (if my clients pay promptly). I am still climbing ladders and carrying/lifting things like cabinet doors. Sometimes my back hurts at night, but all in all I still feel up to the task.
Yesterday was one of my Ravenous Hunger days. I ate cereal at 6am, had a cup of tea at 7, bread and hummus at 8, and by the time I got to work at 9 I was famished. It was all I could do to keep myself fed all day. I had to make and eat a quick salad before dinner just to get myself through the half hour it would take me to cook a meal.
Once again, as it the very beginning of my pregnancy, my appetite is starting to steer me away from carbs and I'm craving salad, which certainly is healthy, but inconvenient. Crackers and bread are quicker, easier, and more portable snacks than salad. If I could hire a chef to follow me around making me salads on demand, that would be fabulous.


No comments:
Post a Comment