Monday, July 20, 2009

Don't Make Me Go!

If I were a little kid I would be holding a thermometer up to a lightbulb this morning to get out of going to school - or in my case, work. After my nightly pee at 2:30am, I barely slept, because I couldn't find a sleeping position that did not tweak the Whatever The Hell Is Wrong in my back. It's also gray and dark outside, which is a perfect kind of morning for sleeping in and NOT going to work.

Today is going to suuuuuck.

I have to meet a designer at one job and adjust a glaze color while she hovers over me, watching. I also said I would remove the toilet tank in the room so I could glaze behind it. WHY did I volunteer to do this???? I must have forgotten I was pregnant.

When I'm done with that job, I have to race to my other job - the cabinets. The owners are back from vacation so now I won't have the place to myself. On the plus side, maybe they'll turn the damn water back on. What I'm dreading there is that they asked me about 2,000 times whether I'd be done with all the cabinetry in one week. I said at least 3,000 times that it would take me more than a week. Somehow I know they're going to be unpleasantly surprised that it is not done after one week.

Ugh. Just shoot me.

1 comment:

Caz said...

If only you had a 'sickline' like we have at our place. It's basically an answermachine to leave your reason for absence on as there are 400 odd people on site.
Still, I hope your back was not so painful last night and that you managed to slumber. I think the clients should be greatful you're doing the job for them. After all, being pregnant you could of just cancelled on them.

Post a Comment