Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Squee!

We got our stroller and carseat!!! Eeeeeeee!!!!

I picked up Mr. Ibis from work yesterday and as we pulled into the driveway we simultaneously saw the huge box on the front porch and had the same reaction: a dramatic gasp, like two kids on Christmas. We knew my mom had offered to buy our stroller but I didn't know we were going to get it so soon and I didn't know she was going to buy the whole travel system!

It is completely and totally awesomely cool. It looks like this:
We assembled it and then wheeled it around the house for a little while, practiced folding and unfolding it (very easy). It's lightweight and it steers like a dream - the car seat is also quite light, although I still probably won't be carrying baby around in it because I'm so short. Anyway - love, love, love it. This is our first big ticket item so it's very exciting. We weren't originally planning on getting a travel system, but since we needed a stroller and an infant seat it makes sense to have them go together if we ever do want to use it that way.

I can't believe how SMALL the little padded area is in the infant seat. It's so hard to believe we are going to have a baby so teeny to care for. Of course, teeny would be great since he does have to make his exit from my body....

In other news, Mr. Ibis felt a good kick last night. He has felt movement a couple of times before, but he said they were more like flutters and little bumps. When we got in bed last night the baby was kicking the bejesus out of the side of my belly, so I told Mr. I to put his hand there and just wait for it. Baby gave him a mighty wallop and Mr. I totally jumped and yanked his hand back and said "Oh my god!" I was laughing my head off at his reaction, it was hilarious... he was so shocked. Then he said he can never have sex with me again, oh nooooo! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment