Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Name game

Mr. Ibis got to feel the baby kick for the first time last night! Miles was very active all day yesterday, perhaps because I wasn't. So last night while we were watching TV together and I was feeling some good kicks, I told Mr. I to give me his hand and I placed it on my belly. It's hard to catch Miles in the act, because even when I put my hand over him he usually slows down or stops... little stinker. But Mr. I felt two pretty good kicks, yay!

Speaking of "Miles," Mr. Ibis said it still feels a little funny to call him that, and I reminded him that we can still change it if we want to. His absolute favorite name is Julius, after his late father's middle name, and I'm okay with Julius, but the dealbreaker is that he wants to pick a J middle name and call the boy J.J. Which I have firmly VETOED. I am really, really, really not a fan of initials as names. He doesn't really want to use Julius if he can't call him J.J., and I feel guilty that he can't use the name he's always dreamed of for his future son, but I just can't do it. It just seems so Southern and country, which is just not us, at all. We're liberal vegetarians from the East Coast!... it doesn't fit.

We could go back to the drawing board, but then again, we already tried that and Miles was one of the very few names that we agreed on and other people didn't hate. I don't know... is it bad to deny my baby's father his dream name? Even if it's J.J.?

Anyway I have a doctor's appointment at noonish today. Just a routine appointment so it shouldn't be too exciting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the initial names sounding hickish. definitely not your style! Julius is a great name though. I hope you guys are happy with whatever decision you make.

Post a Comment