
I was supposed to be moving into third trimester but it seems I am time warping back to first tri instead. Hungry and sleepy are my two modes of being once again - at least I have no nausea. I can barely keep my eyes open to write this post. We went out to breakfast this morning which means I only had decaf (at home I have a baby cup of regular coffee) and I am totally ready for a nap.
Mr. Ibis and I attended a one hour class on Choosing a Pediatrician at a local children's hospital. I have to say that the doctor really didn't tell us anything I wouldn't have learned from googling "how to choose a pediatrician." But we did win a book on infant and child care, so yay for that. I was annoyed when the discussion went to H1N1 because once again I was hearing the same old scare tactics that I hear from popular media... how is it that when it comes to the vaccine, "it's just a different strain of flu," but when it comes to actually catching this flu, it means you're going to die? When she repeated the statistic about 30% of pregnant women who are hospitalized die from swine flu, mentally I just shut the door on the rest of her lecture. Sorry. The hysteria just really, really irritates me.
Speaking of irritation, I felt a bit crampy again last night, with some backache. I checked to see if I had timeable pain, and it wasn't really, but if I timed the worst moments it was irregular. I laid on my side and drank water and it went away in an hour or so. Still, that is getting old. I am trying not to get paranoid that I could have a UTI or irritable uterus. I will mention it at my next OB appt, which is Wednesday, but I have a feeling she'll just repeat the textbook answers about when to call, drink water, blah. I think it's possible that I am just getting a little dehydrated now that the warm weather is gone and I'm not particularly thirsty. Damn, I'm having a Braxton Hicks contraction right now as I type. I really hope that all this ute activity does not mean I'm more likely to go into preterm labor.
There is a baby shower scheduled for me now - in about three and a half weeks. Honestly... I'm not excited about it. It's just going to be my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, her mom, and someone I work with. I think it's going to be socially awkward and I don't really enjoy showers anyway. But hey... there will be baby gifts. Gifts are nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment