Friday, October 16, 2009

Third Trimester!

The simple question "when does third trimester begin" can yield a confusing array of different answers, but since my most trusted sources say that it begins in the the 28th week, and I am now 27 weeks and 1 day, I am counting myself in.

Knock on wood, I would say I pretty much skated through second trimester. As usual, anxiety was my biggest and practically my only unpleasant side effect of pregnancy for second tri. No heartburn, no leg cramps, no poop problems, minimal back pain, no hip pain, no trouble sleeping... a couple of bouts of crampiness and that was that.

I do feel and acknowledge how lucky I am that I've been doing so well - aside from a minor head cold I had very early on in my first trimester, I've been exceptionally healthy throughout my pregnancy so far.

It's absolutely crazy that I only have 90 days left until my due date. I feel like it is just starting to sink in that I'm really pregnant, and already I'm two thirds of the way through. At the same time, I'm also impatient to meet my son and see his face, his little hands and feet, his soft baby belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment