Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kick counting

I am currently in the middle of kick counting and not happy... yesterday my 30 minute counts had about 35 movements each. Now I'm 15 minutes in with only 6 movements. Ugh. He has been so quiet lately, even with the higher kick counts they were all pretty gentle movements, no hard kicks or crazy trampoline jumping like last week. I just heard his heartbeat yesterday so I know he's probably okay, but I'm worrying, what if he's sick, or doesn't feel right, or something's wrong with his arms and legs?

All the guides say that babies will be quieter when you're busy, but that's the thing, I'm not. I've mostly just been sitting around for the last few days. Maybe he's bored? I'm kidding, just grasping at straws.

Of course, technically I am doing this "wrong" and I'm supposed to be lying down with one hand on my belly. Maybe I'll try again later, but maybe that's cheating.

I wish I could stop worrying.

Update: I guess he woke up because I made it to 38 after all. And then of course when his time was up he starting really kicking. Little stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment