Wednesday, December 23, 2009

37 week appt

Doctor's office called today and suggested moving my appointment up, since the weather's going to be so bad tomorrow (and the ice storm didn't really materialize today). They had some cancellations so they squeezed me in this afternoon.

Blood pressure good, no weight gain, and GBS negative - yay!

My internal revealed I am still 1 cm, still "pretty thin" which turns out to be 80% effaced (whoa!), and since last week his head has moved from -1 to 0 station. I knew he was getting lower! For those to whom this is all a foreign language, here's a visual of the whole station business:


Dr. J wrapped up the appointment by saying "it could be any time now," and I got so excited I blurted out, "we're ready!" She chuckled at me and added that she would really prefer we wait at least a few days... but if I went into labor now they wouldn't try to stop the baby from coming. So she advised me to call if I'm having contractions that are 1 minute long, 5 minutes apart, and have gone on for an hour or two. Wooo!

I made my next two appointments, picked up pizza and pie, and came home. I'm now having some pink spotting, enough to warrant wearing a panty liner, but nothing that seems out of the ordinary for having just had an internal exam.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Wow it seems the Miles isn't go to hang about. I'm glad the dr is feeling positive and that they are happy to go ahead if things progress.

Post a Comment