Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Monday

Yesterday Mr. Ibis and I did a major housecleaning... between the dog coming in and out, the snow getting tracked in, the husband's clothes strewn about, the wife dropping shit all over the floor all the time, this place was a sty. A few hours of cleaning and it's looking quite nice, although it's due to snow again Wednesday so I'm sure the floors will look like hell again by the weekend. Sigh.

We arranged our bedroom so the baby can sleep up there with us... this involved changing out Mr. I's bedside table to a small tray so we could push the bed over and squeeze the pack and play in along my side of the bed. Now I have to crawl in and out via the foot of the bed, which is challenging at 38 weeks pregnant, but the idea here is that I won't be pregnant for much longer....

Between housecleaning and visiting three stores in search of boots for Mr. I yesterday I got in a fair amount of physical exercise. I also had two cups of red raspberry leaf tea and sat on my birthing ball quite a bit. I would say the ball - and probably my hormones - are definitely doing their work, because my pelvis and hips feel like they're all held together by rubber bands, like if I make one wrong move I'm going to just fall apart below the waist. A bit painful when I walk and when I get out of bed at 2 and 4 am to pee.

We're definitely getting excited and nervous about the reality of having a baby in the house. Again last night as I was lying in bed I had a little moment of, "what are we doing???" and Mr. I cried half-jokingly, "I haven't read enough books... I haven't read any books!" In a way it still seems like an eternity until the baby will be here. Mr. I agreed with me that it feels like we've been waiting forever. We were engaged to be married for about the same length of time as a pregnancy, but that period seemed to pass so much faster. But then, as Mr. I put it, February will be here before we know it, and we'll definitely have a baby by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment