But you know what is my new peeve? People telling me I'm going to have to be induced!!! I really can't add enough exclamation points to that!! We now have my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law telling me that I'm going to be induced, both of them adding that all their babies were induced. I'm sorry, but does the fact that my baby daddy is related to you mean that I'm going to have the same birth experience? I don't get it. I'm still not even 40 weeks. I almost took Mr. I's head off last night as he was talking to his brother over the phone and agreed that I'll probably have to be induced. WHAT? If looks could kill my child would be fatherless.
Particularly since I want to have a natural birth, hearing this feels really discouraging. I just feel like people are saying "your body doesn't know how to do this, it's not going to work properly, just give up already." I told Mr. I last night that we need to think positively about the birth and visualize a good natural birthing experience... I'm not exactly a devotee of The Secret or anything, but I do think that focusing on the negative possibilities is unhelpful.
I did a little more googling of bloody show yesterday because, hey, I have nothing better to do. The info is still mixed overall. But I latched on to one resource that claimed it meant labor would begin within 72 hours. We can now consider me an experiment to test that claim - if it's true, I will go into labor by about 4pm tomorrow.
My mom and sister are coming in this afternoon and I'm looking forward to seeing them. I don't know what they want to do but I hope they're up for me dragging them around because I do have cabin fever and would be excited to do just about anything that involves getting out of my house.
The downside of getting out is, of course, having to walk around in clothes - a definite challenge at this point. I truly can't walk two steps without hiking up my pants. I have realized that much of the time my belly is peeking out of my shirt a little, which I don't always know because I can't see it, but Mr. I has spotted it and I have also caught my reflection a couple of times in that state.
Nights are getting genuinely uncomfortable now and for two in a row I haven't been able to sleep all the way through. I end up in utter hell from upper back pain, ribcage pain, I guess it's both - just feeling like I'm being crushed under a tractor. And my pelvis and hips, if I attempt to walk (to the bathroom), are also in agony. I'm sure everyone has had the experience of turning a certain way and having your back crack - it feels sort of good but ooky at the same time? Well, my pelvis actually cracks now when I roll over in bed, and it feels the same way, relieving but also kind of gives me the creeps. In general I just feel like I weight a million pounds, and it's greatly exaggerated at night and first thing in the morning. I'm hoping that now that I'm 'officially' uncomfortably pregnant I can have this baby.


2 comments:
I've been waiting to see a new post from you. As bizarre as it sounds I actually dreamt about your blog last night (I promise I do more online than stalk your blog). Husband says if they could get into my dreams they'd lock me up..
Anyway, in my dream was 'the' announcement that things were in progress then kinda updating your blog at each key point if you catch my drift. Weird? I think so.
As always, good vibes coming your way and I hope that any trip out with the family results in losing that Cabin Fever feeling. Oh, and I'll try and guide my conscience to create a different situ tonight.. say with some random hollywood hottie.
Hopefully having your mom and sister there will help. I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable now! (DH is looking at me funny, have to go...)
Post a Comment