Monday, January 18, 2010

Update

They agreed to give me an ultrasound at 7 am and recheck my fluid levels. Dr. J doubts that it will make a difference but for now the induction is canceled. I asked if they are still low, will I have to reschedule or just be admitted, and they didn't know and couldn't tell me. So I'm going to basically act as though I am going to be induced tomorrow - eat well tonight, try to sleep, bring the hospital bags and car seat - and keep it in the back of my mind that it might not happen tomorrow.

So, how's that for suspenseful? If I don't post at all tomorrow you can pretty much guess what has become of me.

5 comments:

Rachel W. said...

Yikes! You had an eventful day!

My dear, I know you want your natural birth badly, and I pray that you get it, but remember in the end, what matters is that he gets here alive and healthy. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with, but an induction doesn't always means an emergency c-section - esp when you're already dilating like you are. That's just my .02, feel absolutely free to flip me the bird if you want. :) I hope that tonight you miraculously go into spontaneous labor, thus solving the whole problem.

Lore B said...

Ditto R!

Wow, that is suspenseful. GL, my dear!!

LuckyOnce said...

Good luck. If it makes you feel any better (and I know you're not really feeling "advice" these days :) ) I had to be induced a day after my due date (for high blood pressure) and it really wasn't horrible. (And I REALLY didn't want to be induced either.) I chose to get an epidural at 8 cm, but I'm sure I could have made it through without pain meds if I had chosen to. I delivered vaginally and lived to tell. It does happen. :)

Caz said...

Ref: R's comment... I couldn't of said it better myself.
It is 10:30am here which means it's early early morning for you over there in Nebraska. I sincerely hope that you got a decent sleep and things do start that you get the birth you want.

As ever, good (labour) vibes coming your way.

Liz said...

Good Luck, I am hoping everything goes the way that you would like, can't wait to see pictures of the precious baby!!!

Post a Comment