Uh-oh, it's almost a picture of my face!
I have five days left before daycare begins. I'm nervous! Rationally I know he'll be fine and even believe that daycare is good for children. He'll meet new people, see new things, be stimulated, have social interaction. Emotionally I just feel like he needs his mommy!
It'll be fine.
I don't look forward to returning to work. It's not that I want to be a stay at home mom per se, my job is just so stressful sometimes. Maybe most of the time? My clients are demanding, and good help is hard to find. My first unofficial job that I did during maternity leave was a disaster - I had my new assistant do most of the work and she was so slow that I lost money. All of my upcoming jobs are laced with some kind of stress, whether it's a tight time frame (you must get this done before my big party even though I just called you three days ago!) or a tight budget (I want a beautiful finish for practically nothing please!). I'll have to really focus on remaining calm.
Mr. Ibis is finally starting his new job, with the big paycheck bump. We have debts to pay down, but hopefully - if not right away - that will at some point allow me to be more choosy about jobs and stay away from the really awful ones, and spend more time with Miles. That would be wonderful.


No comments:
Post a Comment