Thank the baby Jesus I get a day off today. I already brought Miles to daycare so I'm going to try to use this day to do some pressing errands, chores, phone calls, etc. I've been a slug all weekend so it's fairly good timing. I still feel kind of bad having Miles in daycare when he doesn't need to be but I already brought him there and paid for the day so I'll just use it.
I bought him a Bumbo seat this weekend (at one point I made an ill advised trip to Target despite feeling like death). The verdict: jury's out. I'm still hanging on to the box and receipt because I don't know if we're going to use it much. Miles has good head control but is VERY iffy on the Bumbo. A couple of times it's made him cry, and the best reaction we've got is dazed bewilderment. I am pretty surprised, because he loves sitting up when we hold him in place. There's something about the Bumbo that doesn't give him the right balance - like he's leaning too far back or something. So we'll see. I'm considering either returning it or giving it to Judy to have at daycare if she wants it.


3 comments:
Wow, I hadn't even considered using it yet... I guess we're behind the curve!
Give it another month, then decide. Our boy has something similar (its the same concept, just cheaper and has a toy tray attached) and he didn't really like until 4 months. Now he cries when we take him out.
Lore - it may be a little early. I thought he might like it because he likes when we hold him sitting or standing...
Post a Comment