Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reclaiming my sanity

Okay, I surrender. I'm stopping.

I told you I should never look at parenting books, that I'd be like a dog with a bone. The irony is, I don't even really care whether or not Miles is sleeping through the night. It's just this sick need I have to be "right," to do everything right. I thought if it's even theoretically possible for a 3 month old to sleep through the night then OMG!!!1! what if I am doing something WRONG?!!?!

Deep breaths. I'm better now.

Miles is a happy baby, he's hitting all the milestones (there I go looking at books again), he naps like a champ all day. 90% of the days I pick him up at daycare I get a report that he had an awesome day and was in a great mood. So obviously HE IS FINE (I'm yelling at myself here, not you).

Today is a rainy day... still dark out at almost 8 am. I seem to have the day off (haven't heard from my designer and don't want to). I'm keeping Miles home from daycare for the rest of the week. We might try to go to Mom & Baby group this afternoon, but if it's still raining, we might just stay in and be slugs. Tomorrow could be even more fun if I still don't have work, because Mr. I will be here too and maybe we can go somewhere together, the park if it's nice perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment