We had a great weekend. On the morning of my actual birthday yesterday Mr. Ibis had to go to work at 2 am but when I woke up there was a gift and a card waiting for me. The card is always my favorite part and I love when his cards make me cry a little, which this one did.
The rest of my birthday was less fun, so good thing we had such a good weekend. I dropped Miles off at daycare and went to work, which was fairly uneventful - had to run another work errand before picking Miles up. Judy said he had a great day aside from screaming for a half hour in the middle of the day for no discernable reason.
He had just taken a two hour nap when I picked him up but for some reason he was fussy and hard to please for the rest of the evening. When I got home I tried to deal with a work issue that is holding up a payment for me, but I couldn't put Miles down nor get him to sit still on my lap while I wrangled the phone and computer at the same time. So I gave up on that. I really couldn't do anything or keep him happy for more than five minutes at a time. The longest I managed to keep him happy was when I gave him a birthday card to play with while I took his picture... he continued to play with it for a solid 10 minutes and those were the best 10 minutes of our day.
I know he probably just wanted my full attention, but when I work right up until daycare pickup, it's so hard to just be with him once we get home on the days when Mr. I is away. I still have to at least soak (if not wash) all the bottles and pump parts, find time to cook and eat dinner, put the coffee on for the next day. These are the three bare minimum tasks I must complete and it's a challenge sometimes to do them.
I rocked him down for a last nap (he still falls apart if he's awake for much longer than two hours) and put him in the crib. He slept for a half hour which was just enough time to deal with my work problem, then he was up. I chattered to him through my dinner, and afterward I rocked him to sleep in my arms so I could watch a little TV to unwind. When we went to bed, he fell asleep fairly quickly but then kept waking up crying every 10-15 minutes for about 90 minutes. Exhausting.
So then I was up way too late reading. I sometimes also find it hard to wind down on the nights when Mr. I wasn't here. It takes me a long time to relax to the point of being able to sleep, and when I'm on my own I just don't really have a chance to catch my breath until Miles is asleep. Normally Mr. Ibis and I go to bed only about an hour after the baby, but when I'm alone here I tend to read for another two or three hours and have trouble falling asleep at night.
Anyway... I'm rambling. I think I'm trying to do the decompressing I didn't do yesterday but I must go get ready for work!


No comments:
Post a Comment