I'm still alive... I think?
Since having a baby and especially since maternity leave ended I've felt like I was plopped down on a moving treadmill hovering over a lake of fire. Right now the treadmill is moving very fast. I am cramming way too much work into the week I have left before leaving on a vacation that life seems determined to make me earn.
Sleep has been up and down this week. Some successes and failures, some good and bad nights.
I'm more in love than ever with Miles but lately also gripped by a lot of sadness a lot of the time. Truthfully I think I need a change in reading material. I have read two memoirs of middle aged mothers coping with death and loss and the meaning of life recently and I think this stuff is getting me down!
Also I listen to NPR podcasts all day when I'm working and although I love them and can't quit them, sometimes the pile-on of bad news and capital-I issues gets overwhelming too.
Nervous about traveling (I have a wee fear of flying) but excited for our trip.
Feeling ambivalent about blogging and yet wishing I had more time to blog.
And there you have it.
Bonus cute photo:


No comments:
Post a Comment