Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This & that

Yesterday Miles and I hung out with the fabulous Dunc and her beautiful little girl and charming pup. Let me tell you something, the scones pictured on her blog were crazy good. Her food blogging will be even worse torture for me now that I know her homemade treats taste as good as they look.

Blythe is such a sweet, quiet baby, with the cutest little smile. I totally wish I had taken some photos but supervising Miles and the Unicorn and taking pictures all at once was not in the cards... it was better to just kick back and enjoy the beautiful fall day and good company.

Today is Mr. Ibis's and my wedding anniversary. We are having a weird split in half date... we sent Miles to daycare this morning so we could go to a matinee, and now we're home with him. But we're having his Auntie babysit this evening so we can catch dinner too. I am feeling like a big baby inside worrying about spending that much time away from him in one day, and just reminding myself that some mothers manage to make it overnight without their babies, and this is far from that, so I'll be fine.

We should be done pretty close to his bedtime. Because guess what, I have made an important breakthrough in the bedtime routine. Part of that routine has involved him fussing and crying for 45 minutes before going to sleep, and on top of that now climbing all over me and pulling on my hair and generally freaking out. I could not figure out what to make of this other than "must be teething?!?!" or "must be overtired." Because when your baby fusses at bedtime or naptime he's always overtired, right? So I would move his bedtime earlier and earlier and it never worked. And finally something clicked and I moved his bedtime later. And it WORKED. Now he goes down in 10-15 minutes with no crying. Amazing. I'm putting this out there because it's advice you almost never hear but it is working for us. Bonus: he sleeps later in the morning too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh you are too nice - It was so great to see you guys! Hope you had a great anniversary.

Post a Comment