Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dubious Honor

Miles and I stopped by Judy's yesterday to drop off a check and I briefly gave her some tips on his naps, like when I lay him down he will usually open his eyes and seem to wake up, but if I press a hand on his chest gently he goes right back to sleep. I told her that I think he has separation anxiety, and she said that made sense because when she was letting him nap on the floor (rather than the pack & play) he would wake up, see her sitting next to him, and go back to sleep. I didn't realize that!

She said that of all the babies she's cared for he is the one she can't "figure out" when it comes to sleeping. In a sense, I find this validating because I do sometimes find him challenging (that word again) and that makes me feel like it's not just me... that is, if someone who is objective and not as emotionally involved as me finds him puzzling, it must not be that I am just doing it wrong.

On a brighter note, I am really having fun with him this week. He has this push-toy that my parents sent him, and it only took him a few days to start standing up pushing it. Now he's really good with it and is beginning to maneuver it a little. He gets frustrated when it drives it into a wall and can't go any further, so I'm teaching him "you're stuck!" and "turn, turn..." His whole face lights up when he gets free and can zoom back across the room. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment